Vysa Agreement

For example, if a 16-year-old has left home due to an uncertain living situation, they can sign an agreement with the SAE. IESS could arrange to live with a relative, friend or neighbour, or in a nursing or group home. If you are a First Nations, Inuit or Métis youth, the Society will inform your First Nation band or First Nation, Métis or Inuit community that the Society is preparing to enter into an agreement with you to provide services to you in a way that respects and preserves your cultural identity and helps you stay connected to your community. Heritage and traditions. In other cases, only your child enters into an agreement with the CAS. This means that they, not you, sign the employment agreement with the SAE. This type of agreement is called the Voluntary Youth Services Agreement (VYSA). A VYSA can be done for periods of 12 months. Your child can terminate the contract at any time. The contract ends automatically when they are 18 years old. The termination of a VYSA A VYSA is a voluntary agreement and you can terminate the contract (i.e. terminate it) at any time.

Sometimes your child may be involved in your agreement with the CHILD. This means that they will also have to accept the services of the SCA and may also have to sign the agreement. You can enter into an agreement with a company in which you reside to receive services and support, subject to the following eligibility criteria, all of which are required: A voluntary service contract, also known as a list, is a contract between you and a children`s aid association (CHILD Welfare). ADR is an approach to resolving disagreements between you and a company. This approach encourages the involvement and support of family and extended family, where appropriate, as well as your community in planning and decision-making for children and youth. ADR focuses on bringing together the right people to come up with the best plan for you. For example, if you disagree with the company on the type of investment that`s best for you, ADR can bring together the right people to explore options and develop a plan. Your child should have the opportunity to speak to a lawyer from the Office of the Children`s Advocate (OCL) for independent legal advice before signing the agreement.

The CAS usually makes a referral to the OCL and a lawyer is appointed. If the CAS refuses to enter a VYSA, your child can contact the OCL. If you have signed a volunteer contract, your child will stay with you. CAS keeps their file open and can take further action if you are not following the agreement or if they have new concerns about whether you can take care of your child. If you are 16 or 17 years old and need protection, a company will help you make decisions that will help minimize risks to your safety and promote your best interests, protection and well-being. Permanence: adolescents aged 16 and 17 begin the transition to independence and adulthood; SASs help them identify their goals. The service will help youth identify and develop lasting relationships that are meaningful and beneficial to them, while incorporating comprehensive definitions of family, extended family, parents, and community. .